SCCC Annual Community Grant Program
Purpose: To provide money or an item to promote or develop bicycling for sport, fitness, recreation, transportation, or safety education in the local north Alabama area.
Timeframe: Annual. Grant applications reviewed and grants awarded in or after the 3rd quarter of each year, after the fall century proceeds are determined.
Funding limit: TBD by officers each year. One, none, or more grants may be awarded each year. Who runs the program: Because the duties required to run this program are over and above those of the SCCC officers (other than deciding the money to be spent each year), a committee will be appointed by the officers.
Duties for committee members: Advertise the program, Review all requests, Recommend grants, Suggest funding level each year, and Arrange for publicity about the awards. Officers set funding limit annually based on fiscal health of the treasury. [SCCC Constitution Article III, Section 4. The officers may designate any special committee subject to the control and direction of the officers. Committees shall have only the powers delegated to them by the officers.]
Criteria for Requests:
- Requests must be made by SCCC members in good standing.
- Requests can be submitted at any time to the SCCC Community Grant committee. Each year, requests will be considered by the committee.
- Requests must promote or develop bicycling for sport, fitness, recreation, transportation, safety or education.
- Requests will be for persons, organizations, or implementation primarily in the north Alabama area.
- Request will be evaluated by the committee based on need, impact to as many persons as possible, and other criteria as the committee deems important.
Why does the SCCC do this?
It’s a way to garner community goodwill, increase membership, improve the image of cycling to the general [driving] public, and have a plan and purpose to spend the extra money we raise.