Friday Packet Pick-up: Friday September 15th 4:30 - 8:00 pm
Rocket City Tavern, 2100 Rideout Road, Huntsville, AL 35808
Purchased AYCE jerseys will be available for pick-up with your packets.
AYCE Ride Day – New start location!
Park and start: National Speleological Society grounds, 6001 Pulaski Pike, Huntsville, AL
Saturday packet pick-up opens at 6:30 am.
No on-site registration.
Parking: Carpooling is recommended
Course open at 7:30 am:
- All riders must start by 8:30 am
Buffet lunch served ~11 am to 4 pm (Served by Ted’s Bar-B-Q and Walton’s Southern Table)
Detours: Due to road construction, there are two detours on course that are not reflected on the map, nor the GPS route. Follow the marked and signed route.
- The first detour at 3.5 miles shortens all routes by 2.5 miles. Riders will ride on Pulaski Pike north all the way to Patterson Rd. (Don’t turn right off Pulaski at top of hill)
- The 2nd detour is only for the 73 milers, including those not meeting the century cut-off time. Follow route markings at Old Elkton Pike/TN 273.
Century Cut-off time: To ensure safety for our riders, century riders must reach 36 miles, Old Elkton Pike/TN273 by 10:45 am. Late arrivals to that point will be directed onto the 73-mile course. No exceptions.
Century riders: After Rest Stop #3 at the Delina Store, the course is NEW. Follow route to the new Rest Stop #4 and then to the Rest Stop at Taft, TN.
Need to know:
- For the century and 73 milers, including those not meeting the century cut-off time, carry water for ~25 miles between Rest Stop #2 and the next one.
- Detours – See above
- Pin bib number to back or left side of jersey.
- Helmets must be worn.
- Please, no headphones or speakers.
- Bikes must have back reflector or light.
- SAG # 256 651-1819 OR 256 783-3324
- Rocket Ride tour at 8 am sharp Redstone Arsenal Gate 9 Visitor's Center
- Average speed 10-12 mph
- Short stops at Points of Interest for photo ops
- All riders must have valid driver's license
- All riders must have helmet and back lights
- Please no headphones or speakers
- All riders must stay with ride pack
- Carry water for 20 miles
Proceeds from the AYCE go to advance access and safety for cycling in North Alabama with contributions to Huntsville Urban Bike Share Coop and AlaBike and the SCCC Community Grant program.